Rachel’s practice focuses on domestic relation contracts, adoption, assisted reproduction and surrogacy agreements. She works hard to advocate practical and workable legal solutions in every case, while simultaneously giving the utmost attention and respect to the feelings and emotions that drive her clients. She views every case as a privilege and opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life and in the lives of the families in her community.
Prior to joining Lirhus & Keckemet, worked for the King County Department of Public Defense, SCRAP Division, representing clients in dependency cases and clerked for the Honorable Judge Sean O’Donnell in King County Superior Court. During law school she represented clients with the Incarcerated Parents Clinic at Seattle University, which was named one of the Most Innovative Clinics by the National Jurist.
Rachel is married and lives with her partner and their two greyhounds. Outside the legal realm, Rachel enjoys horseback riding, plays competitive indoor soccer, and is involved in retired greyhound adoption.
- Seattle University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2015
- Gonzaga University, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology & Criminal Justice, 2012
Areas of Practice
- Domestic Agreements (co-habitation, prenuptial, separation & community)
- Assisted Reproduction
- Washington State Bar Association, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2015
Professional & Community Associations
- Member, King County Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, King County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, King County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Awards & Recognitions
- Pro Bono Pledge Outstanding Service Awardee
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Writing
- Public Interest Law Foundation Social Justice Grant Recipient
- Certified DSHS Agency Adoption Finalization