Rachel has worked with family law clients in a variety of capacities since 2010, and brings a diverse set of legal experiences to Lirhus & Keckemet LLP. Rachel works hard to advocate practical and workable legal solutions in every case, while simultaneously giving the utmost attention and respect to the feelings and emotions that drive her clients. She views every case as a privilege and opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life and in the lives of the families in her community. Her practice focuses on parentage, adoption, and assisted reproduction and surrogacy.
Prior to joining Lirhus & Keckemet, Rachel worked at Wechsler Becker, LLP where she handled high conflict family law litigation, the King County Department of Public Defense, SCRAP Division, representing clients in dependency cases and clerked for the Honorable Judge Sean O’Donnell in King County Superior Court. During law school she represented clients with the Incarcerated Parents Clinic at Seattle University, which was named one of the Most Innovative Clinics by the National Jurist.
Outside of the legal realm, Rachel plays competitive indoor soccer, enjoys spending time with friends and is involved with retired greyhound adoption.
Practice Areas: Adoption, third-party/non-parental rights, assisted reproduction and surrogacy agreements, and child custody disputes.
- Washington State Bar Association, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2015
- Seattle University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2015
- Gonzaga University, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology & Criminal Justice, 2012
Professional & Community Associations
- Member, King County Bar Association, 2015 – present
- Member, Washington State Bar Association, 2015 – present
- Member, King County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2015 – present
- Member, Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2015 – present
- Member, King County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, 2015 – present
Awards & Recognitions
- Pro Bono Pledge Outstanding Service Awardee
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Writing
- Public Interest Law Foundation Social Justice Grant Recipient
- Certified DSHS Agency Adoption Finalization