Janna J. Annest is a third-generation Seattle native. She enjoys the constructive aspect of family formation, estate planning and business law practices. As an adoptive mother, Janna guides all types of families through the adoption process from the dual perspective of an attorney and a parent. Her practice includes every aspect of family formation, including private or independent adoption, agency and international finalization, interstate placements, step- and second-parent adoption, relative, and adult adoptions. She frequently counsels families in the process of fostering or adoption children from the Department of Children, Youth and Family Services. Her practice also includes advising and representing individuals and couples who are expanding their families through assisted reproductive technologies (ARTS), including egg or sperm donation, surrogacy, and embryo adoption.
Janna also provides comprehensive estate planning services to families and individuals, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and health care directives. Her clients also include a variety of small and family-owned businesses, which Janna assists with their formation and organizational needs.
Janna is a Fellow of the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys, and she was selected to the Washington Rising Stars list of outstanding lawyers each year from 2009 to 2018. She is a graduate of Dartmouth College and the University of Washington School of Law. Outside the office, Janna spends most of her time exploring West Seattle with her husband, daughter and son.
Dartmouth College: Bachelor of Arts, cum laude and with high honors, 2000
University of Washington School of Law: Juris Doctor, with honors, 2003
Primary Areas of Practice
- Assisted Reproduction
- Estate Planning/Probate
- Business Transactions
Bar Association Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
Professional Memberships and Recognitions
- Fellow of the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys
- Washington Rising Stars list of outstanding lawyers, 2009-2018
- Dartmouth College Young Alumni Distinguished Service Award, 2014
Professional And Community Activities
- World Association for Children and Parents (WACAP) Board of Directors, 2013-2019 (Chair, 2017-2019)
- Adoptive Friends & Families of Greater Seattle (AFFGS) Board of Directors, 2008-2017.
- Dartmouth Alumni Club of Western Washington President, 2005-2010
- Dartmouth College Club Officers Executive Committee, 2008-2011; President, 2009-2010