Albert G. Lirhus, Partner
Albert G. Lirhus was born and raised in Seattle, Washington. He spent 2+ years on active duty in the United States Navy and is married with three children. Albert really enjoys helping people create families through adoption and assisted reproduction technologies. He also enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, traveling, skiing, running and biking.
University of Washington: Bachelor of Arts, 1968
University of Washington School of Law: Juris Doctor, 1973
Primary Areas of Practice
Over 25 years of experience in representing adoptive parents in agency adoptions, independent adoptions, step-parent adoptions, second parent adoptions, adult adoptions and international adoptions.
Over 25 years of representing birth mothers in independent and agency adoptions.
Representing intended parents, donors and surrogates in egg donation, sperm donation agreements, surrogacy agreements, and gestational surrogacy agreements.
Bar Association Memberships
Washington State Bar Association
American Bar Association
King County Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in all Washington Superior Courts, Courts of Appeals, and the Washington State Supreme Court.
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Professional Memberships and Recognitions
Fellow of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys
Fellow of the American Academy of Reproductive Technology Attorneys
Martindale Hubble (AV) Rating
Given the Congressional Angels in Adoption Award by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute in Washington, D.C.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys for four years.
- Chairman of the Amicus Committee of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys and American Academy of Reproductive Technologies Attorneys.
- Frequent speaker/lecturer at adoption seminars, trainings and orientations.