Albert G. Lirhus was born and raised in Seattle, Washington. For the past 30+ years Albert has assisted in the formation of countless families through all types of adoption, including independent, agency-assisted, interstate, international, co-parent, stepparent, relative, adult, and foster-adopt.
He spent 2+ years on active duty in the United States Navy and is married with three children. Albert really enjoys helping people create families through adoption and assisted reproduction technologies. He also enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, traveling, skiing, running and biking.
University of Washington: Bachelor of Arts, 1968
University of Washington School of Law: Juris Doctor, 1973
Primary Areas of Practice
- Assisted Reproduction
Bar Association Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in all Washington Superior Courts, Courts of Appeals, and the Washington State Supreme Court.
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Professional Memberships and Recognitions
- Fellow of the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys
- Martindale Hubble (AV) Rating
- Given the Congressional Angels in Adoption Award by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute in Washington, D.C.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys for four years.
- Chairman of the Amicus Committee of the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys.
- Frequent speaker/lecturer at adoption seminars, trainings and orientations